The variety of moving process
We have summarized some advices and suggestions that could help you during the moving process, making it nice and pleasant!
1. International moving must start with realizing what sum of money are you ready to spend for moving your belongings to the new place of residence. Be aware of the true value of your belongings and evaluate the possibility to replace them in the country of destination – it probably would be cheaper to sell a part of your belongings and use this money to buy equivalent items in the destination country, which would save money on transportation costs. Moving to another country is not a thing you do every day, therefore there is a large chance that you won’t be able to precisely evaluate the true belonging transportation costs without a professional offer and consultations. Specifying your budget will help you both to choose the company, which will organize and carry out the moving, and the necessary range of services.
2. Ask yourself the question: how will I feel, if my belongings would be damaged? Your answer to this question will provide you with valuable answers for selecting the service. What is more important for you – the safe delivery of belongings or the price you pay for the service? Remember that the price significantly impacts service quality.
3. When you carry out the price survey, don’t judge an offer only by its price. Carefully study the offer in total and if all of the companies offer you the same range of services. Be aware of the price per volume unit, because a calculation based on different volumes could be handed to you, and you could pay more than you expected for the work done if the final price has not been determined.
4. Volume, volume, and volume once more – at least 50% of problems are caused by the volume. If your company pays for your moving, then it is in the interests of company to accept the lowest price and the smallest estimated volume - but is this acceptable to you? Participate in the selection of the moving company because these will be your personal belongings that will be moved. Take into notice that, if it is mentioned in the offer that you must pay for the service according to the actual volume, you could be asked to pay for the service before your belongings are unloaded in the destination, if the estimated volume doesn’t correspond to the actual one.
5. Will I save money by packing the items by myself? If you move to another country then the costs in the country of departure make up a considerable part of the total moving costs. Please, remember that packing is only one part of them. Costs in the country of departure can be divided in multiple parts: packing in boxes; marking; and if necessary furniture disassembly; furniture packing; loading into a container or trailer; delivery to port terminal; preparing documents; insurance; carrying out customs formalities. Many clients think that there will be no expenses in the country of departure, if they do the packing on their own. That is complete delusion. To carry out the packing you need boxes, different other materials, and also workforce. Even if you would save on workforce, you still need packing materials and you also agree to the risk that your belongings will not be insured, because insurance company will not cover your losses, if the items were not packed by a packing company. Consider this before packing – is the economy worth it, if you carry out packing on your own?
6. Your belongings must withstand difficult conditions during transportation. Many clients don’t have the notion or they don’t think about the road and traffic conditions during the transportation with trailer or they cannot imagine the sailing conditions in seas during the storm. If belongings are not packed properly, there are greater chances that items will be damaged particularly during the transportation. Professional packing with good quality will decrease the possibilities of such risk. Insurance companies will reimburse your losses if the packing was done professionally. When packing is done professionally, you will also receive a list with the package condition descriptions, in which notes will be taken about the conditions of the package at the destination point.
7. Time for moving is very important, but remember that each element and each operation of the moving works takes time, and such time taking elements are: packing; loading into container; transporting to terminal; export customs formalities; loading onto ship; ship freight; ship unloading; forming import documents; delivery from terminal to the point of destination. All delivery deadlines are planned, but when any of the elements is delayed, the entire delivery is also delayed. For land transportation there is less possibility that delivery will be delayed, but we cannot entirely exclude this possibility.
8. Always keep in contact with the company that carried out the packing and its agent in the belonging delivery destination. Provide full information on how to contact you if a necessity arises.
Do you have any more questions? Contact us and we will help you!
Telephone: +371 67840593
Mob. phone: +371 29160077